Out of the educational toys and other products out there, what would you reccomend is the best for babies/kids?

HuntersMom25

Asked by HuntersMom25 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Lego', wooden blocks, ,lincoln logs, and puzzles.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 9:40 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My 22 month old son loves his Leapfrog Fridge Phonics. He learned all of his uppercase letters by 20 months, the lowercase wasn't hard after that, and he's learning what sound they make too!

Answer by missanc at 9:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I try to stick with learning toys. The Leapfrog and Vtech toys are great! My sons favorites have always been his Baby Tad (leapfrog toy) the Vtech Alphabet Town, and his Legos (the really big ones)

mommymonkey

Answer by mommymonkey at 10:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I really like the Leap Frog toys.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We have blocks, puzzles, shapes and colors type toys, and toys that teach biggest to smallest. We try to stay away from the elctronic type toys as much as possible.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:52 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We have a lot of V-tech and Leap Frog as well - mostly to encourage speech. My 5 year old has autism and is almost non-verbal. A previous post mentioned the Fridge Magnets. We have the ABCs of food. She used those magnets to make requests for water, milk, cheese, etc. When talking about educational toys though, don't discount dolls, dishes, push cars, teddy bears - the so-called low-tech things. We have had to teach imaginative play to Miss V. She sat our dinner table for months before she sat her little table with her play dishes and food. That idea was too abstract for her.
    Nebraskaoma

Answer by Nebraskaoma at 12:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• www.discoverytoys.com
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Leapfrog. Educational and FUN!
    Carol936

Answer by Carol936 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2010