Is the grass greener over there???

Im 23 been married 2 yrs and I have a 1yr old. My husband works outta town gone 8-30days then home 3-6days. Great provider! But not in the husband department. We are like roommates. We dont sleep together. When he is home we may have sex 1 or 2 times, and that is for his pleasure,because im never in the mood. Just looking at him I think UGH! I dont know why. Im a stay at home mom and love it. But he just doesnt do it for me anymore. Im just wondering am I in a whole and it will get better or am I just ready to move on. Is the grass greener on the other side...I think I may even be willing to buy astroturf!! Help...has anyone been where I am...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• I divorced when I was your age for the same reasons. I had 2 boys and was carrying a third. My husband was in the navy. The grass was not greener. It is hard to raise kids on your own and forget new relationships. You never know what is out there. Stick it out with ur hubby. Explain to him how u feel. U may b surprised at his response. Remember he does what he does for love of his wife and child. For the sake of family at least try to work this out. Exhaust every effort before u quit. Good luck friend!!!
    mom0f6

Answer by mom0f6 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I think him being gone and you at home is harder than what you are willing to admit. It takes a strong marriage and a good marriage to be seperated as you are. NO,the grass is not always greener, it could be mud ugly on the other side. Maybe when he comes home both of you ought to try to put some oomph back into your marriage. You don't say what he does on those 8-30 days, but, my husband is a truckdriver and even tho he isn't home alot, I miss him when he is gone and so glad when he comes home for a couple of days. See if you can put a little green in your life.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I would consider how to make what you have better before deciding to move on. It's likely a consequence of your circumstances.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• sounds like the problem is not enough time together. your always home alone so ii assume its like your a single parent. you are also young so of course your going to feel this way. dont cheat thou it wont help but make it worse. can he work closer to home? if i was you i would sit with him and tell him it isn't working for you right now and if there are things you as a couple can do to change it. no the grass is not always greener, it still gets old sometimes no matter who your with. if you love him and u want it to work talk and see if it can change. best of luck
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Do you get out at all???with friends if you have a sitter or maybe playdates if you dont.........also if your up for it plan something romantic, or something you and your hubby enjoy doing when he is home!!!
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 8:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• the grass is green were you water and nurture it. Sounds like his job is taking a toll on your marriage. Is councelling an option you you as a couple and for you alone?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 8:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2008