To get the flu shot for y children or not, !

My peditrician does not for himself or his children and always tells for that he will not require it for my now three and two year olds. i'm not so much for it and have never had one for myself, even while pregnant, but when i tell people we don't and are not planning on getting one they look at me as if i'm doing something terribly worng on my daughters behalf! i just don't see the point we take a daily mulitvitiam, drink Welch's grape juice daily from early fall unitl late spring, some thruout the summer, and i colorox everything daily, literally9remember in-home daycare provider) so i just don't deem it a must!

fairytale2mommy

Asked by fairytale2mommy at 9:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I got one for my 9 month old.....my pediactrician highly reccomended it and said he always got them for his children
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• MY Son got it at a at a 1 + 2, we skipped 3 so I don't know yet what I am going to do. He started Preschool so I plan on asking the other Moms there what they are going to do. I just can't decide.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:51 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• we have not and will not ever do a flu shot, especially now that they have added the H1N1 vacciene into it
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If they go to a day care center, pre school, church nursery, or other place where they are with groups of kids then it may be wise to get the immunization. If household members work at hospitals, nursing homes, or with kids then they could bring it home and you should consider getting it.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am pregnant. My dd is in school. There is NO WAY I was going to go without one this year.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:58 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• no, because it isn'[t a guarentee that your child won't get the flu... just maybe the particuclar strain they are vaccinating against.
    tekabaymom

Answer by tekabaymom at 9:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i will probably get it for my 15 month old. my DR recommended it, i got one when i was pregnant with him and we are both fine now. I would be devestated if i didnt get it for him, and he ended up getting the flu and being really sick or dying. and im in school so i catch alot of things over the winter. it is a tough decision though, but you just do the best you can.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:14 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I don't get this for my children. I might, now that DD is in school, but not sure yet.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I give all vaccines, but never the flu shot! I have never gotten one either! Never had a problem, I guess if we got sick I would! ANdt they are free to us, so maybe this year!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The flu shot is not a guarantee that you won't get the flu. But...I think its a good idea for the simple fact that if they are in public places like school, you can catch anything. I just hope it keeps the flu from getting uncontrollable and they don't end up in the hospital. Maybe lessen the pain!
    Carol936

Answer by Carol936 at 8:45 AM on Sep. 17, 2010