mumyys!! will u punish ur kids even if u did 'once' the same stupid things ?

well me i have done a lots while been a kid and if i'll have a babies ( im gonna work hard me n' my HB for that loll ) i dont think i'll punish them at all lollll cause that gonna make me laugh ;) what about you .. do you remeber some crazy and funny things u have done while been a kid .. i bet u hv done a loooootttttt :D

caramelH

Asked by caramelH at 9:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you don't discipline your kid, they'll repeat your mistakes. You might think, while you don't have one right now, that you'll find it funny, but when they actually do something, you'll be angry. It won't be until later that you'll realize they were doing something you did when you were younger.

I moved to CA when I turned 18, against my parents' wishes, got held up at gun point 2 times while out there, beaten by my bf, raped by him also, got pregnant, had a still born baby because my ex pushed me down a flight of stairs. If it weren't for my parents' firm hand, I probably wouldn't have made it at all. Then I moved up to St Louis, against my parents' advice, and got into more trouble.
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 10:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Of course. I wasn't a bad kid, but I definitely pushed the boundaries and had my share of stupid decisions, but having my mom put me in my place led me to making better and often bigger, decisions in the future. I doubt I would be where I am today without the strict, yet reasonable discipline my mom supplied. As a mother, I have come to infinitely respect her more. She really meant it when she said "some day, when you're a mother, you'll understand."
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 10:02 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Well yes.. everyone makes mistakes.. I'm sure my daughters will do some of the things I did when I was growing up, but just because I did it doesn't mean I won't point out to them that it's wrong. If your kids don't know that they are making mistakes, they cannot learn from them.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• OH Honey you will have to discipline your child, even if you have once done the very same thing. You should want your child to learn from your mistakes. Even if it is funny and makes you laugh, don't let your child see because that will only encourage bad behavior. You discipline the ones you love. Best wishes.
    MoMoBear

Answer by MoMoBear at 10:06 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think it depends on the trick being played. If it hurts someone else or someone else's feelings, then yes punishment is dealt out. If it doesn't, then I usually grin and laugh.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:49 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I didn't use punishment based parenting. I had 3 sons and they are now adults and it all worked out. No police were ever involved!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think if its something that I did that warrented being punished and my child does it I will punish him as well.
    Nycutie2707

Answer by Nycutie2707 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• That would depend on what it was and the natural concequeses of the action.. if it is something minor no at least not the first time but, we do talk about all the stupid or silly stuff that happens and why it would not be a good thing to do.... and yes I am honest with my kids that I did stuff too when I was young
    tekabaymom

Answer by tekabaymom at 10:12 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Ladies... i'm not talking about big stupid thigs which envolved a baaad a very bad attitude ... till now ( thx God . an my parents... all my the person that knew or i know likes me and i never get envovlved with police - akhffffff ) probably i wasn't clear on above Qstn .. i was talkin about smal jokes and kidding that's all ;)
    caramelH

Comment by caramelH (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Sep. 16, 2010