How do you punish your children?

phoenix231

Asked by phoenix231 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Time out.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:01 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Is this a religious question? We use time outs and restrictions from privileges.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:02 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My son is eight years old. I send him to his room if we both need a break. Then when we've both calmed down, we will sit and talk about what behavior is wrong/bad and why it isn't acceptable. We also have a chore jar. If you get into trouble, you pull a chore from the chore jar.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 10:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We don't punish, we discipline. Time out facing the wall the amount of time that equals their age. They also lose things they love most, and have to earn them back. Also extra chores are done when they misbehave.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• we send him to his room, than talk about the situation

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I prefer the word discipline.
    He is only 1yr old old...so he gets a 1min time out and he says he sorry. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm not to worried about it yet.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We do a 3-2-1 count down to give her a chance to stop. If she doesn't do as she's told, she gets a time out. Usually we only get to the 2 before she does what she is suppose to.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:12 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I didn't. I used authoritative based parenting. I relied on things like avoiding problems, good communication, saying what I mean, making my children do what I tell them, logical consequences.

Example. My 24 mo grandson climbs on counter and is danciing on counter. I could have put the stool away before he came over & avoided the problem. So I tell him to get off the counter. It might work. He keeps dancing. I go over and pick him up and put him down. He might cry. I pick up stool & put it where he can't get it. This incident was my fault & it was a learning lesson for him - grandma means what she says, I can't just keep dancing on the counter.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• it depends on the situation.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:21 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes, but, there are things to consider before it happens and to how to punish.... the punishment should fit the crime... So, to speak
    tekabaymom

Answer by tekabaymom at 10:23 AM on Sep. 16, 2010