Hair loss during pregnancy?

What happened to the nice locks and thickening hair? Well, it's definately not that way for me. I already had kind of thinner hair and now it's just falling out and getting worse. It's even to the point that my husband can notice it in the front. I'm so upset and not sure what I can do. I'm only 22!!! This shouldn't happen to me. Anyone else going through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm 16 weeks into my second pregnancy and my hair is falling out again. I also lost alot of hair during my first pregnancy. They doctor told me, that i may just be one of those people who lose hair while pregnant. I've changed my diet and tried more protein and less starch and different stuff, but nothing worked for me. But i've noticed if i don't brush my hair as often, not as much falls out. So sometimes i will wash it, run my fingers threw it but not actually brush it, and then just pull it back. It's helped a little, but not a lot. But as soon as my daughter was born, my hair stopped falling out and was back to normal.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 9:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Just wait till your baby is three or four months, then it really starts to shed.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 8:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• That's awesome advice........
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Not getting enough protein can cause hair loss. Look at your diet. Definitely keep taking your prenatals and look to increase your protein. Many women lose hair after having anesthetic too (Not sure if you have had your baby yet) -- That's temporary. After you have your child some women see a temporary increase in hair loss even without using anesthesia. Are you having any other health symptoms?

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/hairloss.html

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 9:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2008