How do I keep going until Monday?

I had a dr's appointment yesterday. The doctor figured out that my Hcg levels have dropped instead of rising as they're supposed to. I have to wait until Monday now, to get blood test results and an ultra sound to see what's going on. How do I wait until Monday? The OB told me to just go on as if nothing has happened, taking my vitamins, etc. But I'm so scared...how can I pretend nothing happened...how can I wait until Monday to find out what's going on??

DereksBabyMomma

Asked by DereksBabyMomma at 10:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately there is no easy way, waiting is never easy but you have to force yourself to be positive :) Best of luck
    Nycutie2707

Answer by Nycutie2707 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I went through the same thing many years ago. Yes, if your levels are dropping it depends on how far along you are if you are (or have) lost the baby.
    How far along are you? They make you wait, to see if you you drop more.
    sabell

Answer by sabell at 10:12 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Maybe, hopefully, the person who drew your blood made a mistake and didn't draw enough or something. Hold on to that for hope. Or maybe it was a fluke. But be prepared either way. Take a loved one with you for support either way.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:12 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am/was 16 weeks along. Been having a lot of problems lately, and actually found myself with a sense of dread, that I couldn't shake, before going to the dr yesterday. I'd still be crying now except that I have no tears left. I really feel like crying....
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Keep your feet up. Drink lots of water. And hold on to as much hope as you can muster up.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Waiting is the WORST!!! Try to stay positive and take things easy.
    jdlane1901

Answer by jdlane1901 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• some peoples go up and some peoples go down. mine went down and im okay im carrying two healthy babies at 24 weeks. i just have to see my doctor more often but thats fine as long as everything is okay. just try to stay positive. pray about it. thats what i do. i really dont know you so ya know. keep good thoughts :) goodluck!
    mauricellaf

Answer by mauricellaf at 11:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Thanks...that actually does help a little.
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Try to rest yourself. I started doing that with my third child and had to get off my feet for a while. And try to pray about it and keep your hopes up . Leave it in the Lord's hands because worrying will make you feel worse. Keeping you in my prayers until Monday! I know it is hard...Hugs.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Well, he's an idiot to think you can just bebop around like nothing is going on! Just keep taking care of yourself, because that is the best thing for the baby. If something has already happened, there is nothing you can do, and I know that sucks. But keep doing your routine, vitamins, eating well, drinking water, etc. That's all you can do. I'm sorry you have to wait, mama!
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2010