Anyone suffer...

Does anyone out there suffer ligament pains/pains, that shoot from the pelvis like through the vagina almost? My doc said it's either my uterus or baby on the nerve, but I'm wondering maybe a way to comfort this pain?

Note: I'm 18 weeks some days. =]

DirtBikerMomma9

Asked by DirtBikerMomma9 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It does shoot through the vagina I meant. Sorry. But anyways.
    DirtBikerMomma9

Answer by DirtBikerMomma9 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I had this really bad when i was pregnant. I took baths (as long as you don't sit in a hot tub for a really long time you will be fine) and also slept on opposite side of where i had the pain with a pillow between my knees. It didn't really get better (sorry) - but it would relieve it for a short amount of time. Sometimes i would be walking along just fine and then BAM. I felt like i was going to start peeing out needles (or butcher knives). Hang in there. I mentioned the pain to my doctor every appointment- i dont' know if this aggrivated my dr or not, but it made me feel better having the constant reassurance.
    good luck
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• @ bloomsr

thanks! your story even made me laugh, peeing needles! thats funny [well...not when it's happening!]
    thank you so much for the post!
    DirtBikerMomma9

Answer by DirtBikerMomma9 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Hey,
    So with my second I tore the ligaments under my uterus and it was HORRIBLE pain throughout the rest of my pregnancy (I did this when I was 7 1/2 months) it didn't get better until she was about 4 months old. The best advice that I can give you is to do Kegels (sounds silly but it works those muscles) do Pregnancy yoga (modified for late pregnancy, though if you feel there is a problem with your uterus you should get cleared by your Dr.), baths are fabulous, especially with esential oils like rosemary, lavendar, and sandlewood, all calming and soothing herbs. Massages (sounds gross, but helps).
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 12:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Light walks also help, anything to keep them limber, the last thing and worst thing that you can do for them is to let them get stiff, because that's when the pain is the worst. A previous poster added that she slept with a pillow in between her legs, also a fabulous idea, this is a wonderful idea even if you don't have ligament damage, it helps to keep the baby weight off the sciatic nerve.
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 12:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2008