SHOULD THE BIBLE OR RELIGION BE MIX WITH POLITIC?

ALOT OF PEOPLE MENTION THAT THE BIBLE SAYS THIS OR THAT WHEN THEY TALK ABOUT POLITICS BUT WHEN SOMETHING HAPENS TO THEM THEY WANT "JUSTICE" .. AND THE BIBLE GOES OUT THE WINDOW ... AND I BELIEVE THE TWO ARE TWO DIFERRENT THINGS ... WHAT DO YOU THINK?

scared19yrold

Asked by scared19yrold at 8:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• absolutely NOT.

Bumper Sticker: Burned At Stake

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• my thoughts exactly. But be prepared..
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• It was at the founding of our Country:-)
    Anonymous

• no, Anonymous, our country was founded on freedom of religion.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Amendment I Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I think if we had more God in government we would be doing better...JMO...no need to get all crazy on my back side. I respect that fact that the majority of people don't think that way...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• No
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 9:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Then I wonder why so many of the Founding Fathers quote scripture and base so much of their writing on religion????

I am with mamakirs---
    Anonymous

• I think alot of times in politics, the politicians feel the need to make the public think they are Christians because the majority out there feels that if they are they are "good people" but I think they don't necessarily walk the walk, they just talk the talk. I do think its important when you are voting to make sure the person is standing for issues you believe in.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• The thing is ny.chica got it right. Amendment 1 of the constitution. And the reason some of the Founding Fathers quote scripture is because they realized that religion is personal. Quote whatever religious text you want, just keep it out of the government.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2008