Would you go to shower or not?

I have not seen my neighborwho moved for so many years.Her son is getting married. He was in my bridal party when he was a kid. They ask for my son when they go and visit once a year to my inlaws next door but not me. I get this invitation and I do not know the bride at all should I decline or go since he was in my bridal party many monns ago even though we don't even exchange xmas greetings.

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• If you don't think you'll have a good time don't go. Send a gift. Usually people have to pay per person at shower's so you will be saving them money in the long run.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It sounds as if you were pretty close to the family at one time, if he was in your wedding party. It also sounds like you have lost touch over the years. If you want to reconnect, then yes, you should go. If you don't care to reconnect with the family, then don't.
    As for a gift, true gifts are given from the heart - if you want to gift someone who once played a role in your special wedding day, wishing his and his bride well as they begin their new lives together, then you should send one. If you don't want to do that, then don't.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 10:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If you don't want to go, send a card, and a gift if you like. I personally think a lot of people send these invitations just to get gifts, so if it's someone I don't know I don't send a gift, just a card.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Usually the point of an invitation is so that they'll get a gift, not so that you'll show up.
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 10:34 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't go.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:38 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I personally wouldn't go to the shower, but I'd send a very nice card with my best wishes. That's all etiquette requires :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If you don't want to go then don't... Just send them a nice card for their big day.
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 16, 2010