Any Recipes for veggies, where i can hide them and they think they are eating something thats a tasty treat?

Nycutie2707

Asked by Nycutie2707 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• http://healthrecipes.com/nutrition_in_foods.htm

http://www.squidoo.com/recipes4kids
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 10:49 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Dice up onions, bell peppers, and grate some carrot into your meatloaf mix.

You can do the same with cheeseburgers.

In lasagnas, you can do the same. Tuck some zucchini ribbons under the pasta.

zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 10:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Oh, and if you make smoothies at all, you can throw in a carrot. It has a sweet taste and once it is blended into the drink they won't even know it is there.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 10:51 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I try not to hide the veggies. I want my kids to develop good eating habits and appreciate the veggies in front of them so that they can make informed choices later in life.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:53 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Jessica Seinfeld has a book full of great ideas with recipes included.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• There is a book called "Deceptively Deliscious" by Jessica Seignfeld, (Jerry Seinfel's wife) all about making veggie purees and mixing them into other meal staples so the kids (and hubby) don't even know its there. Like cauliflower puree mixed into mashed potatoes or scrambled eggs, and sweet potato puree mixed into spaghetti sauce, etc.

I've made a home-made mac and cheese with butternut squash mixed in and the kids love it....they have no idea. I highly reccommend her book.
    MammaRed

Answer by MammaRed at 10:57 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If they are sweet eaters, the book "Cook yourself thin" has a vanilla cupcake recipe that you use zucchini..My son actually loves it has no idea what he is eating..lol..
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Veggies (and fruit) ARE nature's tasty treat.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Puree coliflower and put it in Mac-n- cheese, the kids will never know they are getting veggies
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010