Do you think Teen Mom glamorizes teen pregnancy?

I saw on Nancy Grace the other night about a teenage couple who beat their infant to death. She held up covers of various magazines with the moms from Teen Mom on them. Do you think these shows glamorize teen pregnancy or do you think it helps teens understand the difficulties of it?

zava_t

Asked by zava_t at 11:22 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think it is a trend in general at the moment. How many shows, movies and documentaries are there on TV that talk about teen pregnancy? There is a reason teen pregnancy is on the rise. Having people like Jaime Lynn, Bristol Palin, etc. in the media is only making things worse. I think a lot of kids see having a baby as a way for others to see them as an adult, they think they are ready for it and they want to prove it. It's terrible, they are losing out on growing up.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I don't think it shows teen pregnancy to be glamorous at all. Them being on magazines doesn't change the fact that their lives are a mess the majority of the time. As for Nancy Grace, well, there is another mess on t.v.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• sometimes, if that's the way you look at it but really, it's show teens the struggles of having babies too early.
    tweetkat

Answer by tweetkat at 11:25 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Have you even watched the show? No way in hell does it glamorize it. It shows what it's really like to be a teen mom and the struggles they go through.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am appalled that there is a TV show for Teen Moms. I don't watch it..but I think even though it's intent is probably to understand the difficulties of it..I think it probably does the opposite of what it's intent was and glamorizes teen pregnancies.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 11:26 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I havent seen the show this season, but when i did watch it last season, i kinda thought it did, imo.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think it shows that haveing kids as a teenager changes your life forever and i think teen mom shows that...You cant party all teh time you cant do things that a 15-17 year old are doing these days...i think teen mom is a great show but its sad for some o fthe kids on the show...some of them still need to grow up and get on with life!!!
    KayNevLilSweet2

Answer by KayNevLilSweet2 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I won't watch it. I can see some girl thinking that she can be a "tv star" by getting pregnant. I think it does glamorize teen pregnancy - even if the focus is on the struggles, they are still on tv. I can see some girls thinking about their "fame" and not the implications of being a mother.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:30 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I dont think it does. They all have problems they are facing. I wouldnt want to be one of them
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I agree with Scuba.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010