"My daughter is pregnant and can't raise the baby, she is going to have it and if it is a boy we will raise it... but not if it's a girl."

Yes, these are the exact words my co-worker's fiance just said to her and she is FURIOUS with him! I would be too! She asked him, "Well Trevor, what ARE you going to do if your daughter has a girl?" He said, "I just can't handle another girl. We aren't raising it if it's a girl."

She, I and our male boss are all disgusted with him right now.

What do you think of this ordeal?

Backstory: The girl is 16, has always lived with her mom but recently moved in with them before running away from home to live with her bf 3 weeks ago. Got put in jail for getting in her dads face and then the cops. She smokes, does drugs, drinks, and has Clamidia that she hasn't gotten treated. They tried to get her to finish school but she skipped classes. She won't accept their help. She isn't fit to be a mother and doesn't care to be but just doesn't want to kill it (the ONLY thing I commend her for.)

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 11:27 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• To be honest when she has that baby she will not be able to keep it by law anyway no matter what its sex is. she will be consedered an unfit mother. not bc she is 16 but all the other stuff. she has a record, she does not take care of herself. the baby does not need to grow up living in that is what the law will say. that is the sad but true truth. know the guy that said that he did not want the baby if it was a girl is a pos. and i think needs to grow up. if parents around the world said that they did not want the baby bc it was not the sex they wanted and were able to do something about it allot of kids would not be here. i hate abortion i think it is murder and anyone that does it should be tried for murder. innocent life and all but as far as the 16 year old goes if she does not straighten up and the cops get involved she will lose the child. and a family member of hers that can provide for the child will get custody
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 12:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Wow - after doing such a "great" job with the 16 year old, I think the baby should just be put up for adoption regardless of the gender. Here's hoping it's a girl so that she gets a fair shot at life.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am with Dr. Donna on this one. The child ( whatever gender) deserves a better chance than her mother got.
    so_organized

Answer by so_organized at 11:33 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• WTH!!!! I can't even imagine someone saying that! That is truly just sad!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I agree with Dr. Donna...give that baby to someone else regardless.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:32 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I agree the only good thing is she doesn't want to kill the baby, but either her nor her father should be around the baby(boy or girl) at all because of his comments, he is sick!
    SaphiraJFire

Answer by SaphiraJFire at 11:33 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think that she should put the baby up for adoption after she gives birth. I know that it is not 100% her parents fault that she is the way she is but I think the baby will have a better chance without any of them and with a family who REALLY wants him or her. Her Father sounds like a head case so maybe that is why she is the way she is. Poor baby, I hope he/she gets a better life. That is so sad.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:33 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I don't think I would still be with him based on these feelings.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• and yeah, I wouldn't consider someone who said this to still be my fiance.
    Dr.Donna

• I really want a girl...she can give it to me to raise and love. =) I'm hoping to adopt soon, my boys can't wait for a sister. That is really stupid of them to be talking about. DHS probably needs to make a visit.
    SarahNKnapp

Answer by SarahNKnapp at 11:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2010