Why does my 4 year old Still wine

Every little thing my 4 year does or something she wants or has done to her by her lil sister she wines closes one eye and sees if im looking at her and crys for real i call it "the one eye" what is her deal???

KayNevLilSweet2

Asked by KayNevLilSweet2 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Because you allowed it at 1,2,and 3

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• she is keeping one eye open
    cute
    sure it is not to you
    but it has worked for her, so she continues to do it
    very hard to to give in when child is like this
    but giving in even just once in a while will let her know to try it again and again

try to ignore, reward when she sues regular words to ask for things
    catch yourself before giving in even once

and be patient, whine works for kids, that is why they use it
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If she has done this since 1,2 etc and you gave in then she still thinks you will do what she wants.
    DeansMother

Answer by DeansMother at 11:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• yup, i agree i had same problem w/my 4yr old i stopped giving in n cries like hell n i just tell him oh well, u wat to keep crying go to your room , crybabys go to bed n i send him.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I never ever gave in to whining and it stopped before it really started. Also I don't think my son was around other kids that whined a lot.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think its the age.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We discipline whining at my house. It's obnoxious, and socially inappropriate. Not everyone chooses to do this, but... I don't have kids who whine! It helps keep my sanity, and everyone is happier. If my daughter got 2 cookies and whined for a third, I took the two she had away. If she whined for juice instead of water, we took the water away (obviously, not for very long, in this case, no more than 30 minutes, usually just 10 did the trick, and on a 90 degree day, we'd have had to do something different). The goal for us was for our daughters to be grateful for what they had, not whine for something else, and the only way we could figure to do that was take away what they had in the first place. I've been lucky, and my second child doesn't ever whine.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think it's the age as well. She's testing her limits. I never gave in to my daughter's temper tantrums and "whining" and it went away until she was 3...now she's 3 1/2 and it's all back and bigger/louder/worse than ever. All you can do is ignore the behavior until she realizes she won't get her way by whining *nod*
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:46 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My son whines, I honestly find it funny and will laugh. And then I will hug him and in a whiny voice say "oh I knownlife is just so bad right". Usually it snaps him out of it but he still dose it alot even though I don't give him what he wants. But oh well I try and find it funny so it doesn't bug me
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 6:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Apparently, it's been working for her, so she's still going to do it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2010