Location of Uterus

I had my 14 week appt. today and I am 14 weeks 3 days pregnant. The doctor said my uterus is just poking above my pubic bone. I thought it was supposed to be higher at this point. He said it is fine because I am a small person - 5'2 111 when I got pregnant, now 119. Does this seem normal?

MentorMel

Asked by MentorMel at 11:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Seems normal to me. I am 5'3" and was 107 when I got pregnant with my first.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:53 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Did they ever tell you where your uterus was at 14 weeks?
    MentorMel

Comment by MentorMel (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Sounds normal. It comes out of the pelvis around 12 weeks, but AROUND is the operative word there. You may measure small through your pregnancy, but these things are all just rough estimates. As long as you're growing, and baby has a heartbeat, you're okay. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010