HOW CAN I GET MORE SLEEP ?WITH A NEWBORN AND K GRADE CHILD

mom2tostuds

Asked by mom2tostuds at 11:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was there a few months ago. It's so tough. Do you have any help? I used to send my little ones on a play date and have my MIL over for lunch. After lunch she would stay and watch the baby so I could take a 2 hour nap. She is a saint. If you have a good friend with similar aged children, you could take turns giving each other nap times. On work days this is harder, lunch time becomes 5 minutes of eating and 55 minutes of napping. :P
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The only way to get sleep is to nap as often as you can between feedings. I know from experience it can truly be exhausting. I wish I could tell you it would get better but that's only after your new born gets closer to the three months.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Nap when baby naps...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I will have a newborn in December and a 5 year old and a 3 year old.. My advice.. hope to God that you have someone there to help you.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have rest time each day and will take a nap then. They have the chose of playing in there room or laying in bed. But they have to stay in there for an hour.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• What time does K grade child goes to school? I understand a newborn can take a lot on moms b/c they sleep in ackward times, but if you can schedule the time the little one fall asleep or take a nap u can nap while ur K grade child is in school for a little bit. And when u put u school child to bed u can put the newborn the same time. And so u can have ur sleep too.
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Co-sleep
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Sleep when the baby sleeps, or try to get them on your routine. good luck
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 1:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Co-sleep, sleep when the baby sleeps., dump that which isn't needed for survival.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have this prob now. Take naps as often as you can
    qustnmrk28

Answer by qustnmrk28 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010