35 week baby???

If so can u plz tell me how ur baby did and how long it was in the hospital. I am 35 weeks and 3 days. They give me meds to stop it but the pains are back today. Just want to be prepared for what i may need to expect. Thank u

tiffany0317

Asked by tiffany0317 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well I had my second right when I turned 36 weeks. She was perfectly fine. But know one can tell you how your baby will be. Only when baby comes you will know. Some babies are fine adn some have problems. Good luck
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My youngest son was delivered at 34 weeks. We received the streroids for his lungs (I had placenta previa), they kept me from going into labor for 48 hours before they did an emergency c-section. He was in the NICU for 2 weeks. He had to be fed with a tube, and had "forced oxygen" for 24 hours. He had a hard time regulating his body temperature, and we had a few bouts of apnea. When we brought him home, he was on special formula (high calorie), but didn't have a monitor. He was on regular formula in a month, and aside from being small, was an extremely healthy little guy. He's 2.5 now, you wouldn't know he was a preemie unless I told you. Hugs to you - I know it's scary. Everything worked out ok for us - and every day your labor is held off is another day he/she is getting ready to be born.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i know that every baby is different thats y i ask on here because i want to know the good bad and ugly so that i will partly ready for whatever comes my way. Ty for ur experience with ur baby.
    tiffany0317

Comment by tiffany0317 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• :) i agree that your baby could be 100% fine and not have to go to the NICU. i will tell you what my experience was like when my son was born at 33 weeks, but there's a 99.999% chance your baby will do better :)

my son had tachypnea, breathing too fast, for about 3 weeks. he was not able to eat from a bottle or from the breast for almost 3 weeks. he was not able to digest much at all for almost 3 weeks as well. he had an IV in his belly button for about a week, and then got a PICC line (like an IV, but in his head) for his nutrition. he was on all the monitors and had canula for oxygen. he was fed by nose tube, but like i said, he couldn't digest for a while. finally at about 36 weeks gestation, he started improving and he went home around 37 weeks. i think chances are very good that if your baby is born now, s/he will be in the hospital for under a week. but it could be 2 weeks or more, as you know.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• you might want to contact a lactation consultant at the hospital/NICU you will go to, and talk about what it might be like.

good luck staying pregnant for a few more weeks! hugs! and feel free to msg me if you want.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• btw, my son is 4 months old now and doing great. if your child does have to go to the NICU, it will be so so hard, but just know that while it seems like everyday in there is a year, you WILL get to go home soon :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My twins were born at 33wks and 5 days. They gave me the steroid shot before having them (they wanted to keep that in for 6hrs to help their lungs) I had a c-section that afternoon. The girls were 4lbs11oz and 4lbs8oz, they were in the NICU for 2weeks is all. They have never had a health problem and they are now 3.5 years old. They will tell you to be prepared for baby to stay in the NICU until the original due date, that freaked us out a bit but like I said they came home after just 2 weeks. They needed to meet 3 requirements: maintain their body temperature, nipple (breast or bottle) all their feeds, and gain weight. I think that was it. Also they have them hooked to monitors and need to be without "episodes" for 24 hours or something; like irregular heart beats, irregular breathing etc. GL!
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My first son was born at 35 weeks 0 days and he was pretty big. 6lbs 9oz and he only spent 2 days in the NICU to watch his breathing which was a bit wet. He came by emergency C-section b/c he was breech and my water broke. Because of the c-section, I wasn't allowed to get out of bed for 24 hours so I didn't get to see my son in the NICU until the 2nd day. We had a bit of a rough start with BF b/c I didn't get a pump right away and the lactation consultant was on vacation (thank goodness for some awesome nurses!). I was pretty mad that he was given formula in the NICU and that they made me supplement while we were in the hospital, but I got over it. He lost 9oz while in the hospital and failed the carseat test twice until they provided me with a special support liner for the carseat. He also had some jaundice, but we were just told to put him in some sunlight at home each day.
    TrickerPlus2

Answer by TrickerPlus2 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• aw tricker, that sucks! at the NICU we were in, they would wheel c-section moms in on their beds so they could be with their babies!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2010