HELP...

My doctor told me yesterday that I am dilated to 2 cm and am effaced 70%.. He said he can feel her head too. How much longer will it take? He never told me what station I am at.. Any answers?

amv1010

Asked by amv1010 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No one has an answer for how much longer it will take, Doctors can not even accurately guess.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It could happen any time or you can walk around like that for some time. I do not understand why they check. Because it does not tell them anything about when birth will come.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i was dialated 3cm for about 2 weeks
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You can't predict it. Just know you are close and if your water breaks, or you lose your mucous plug labor is starting. I know how anxiuos you are but every pregnancy and delivery is different. Stay busy and the time will go faster. Good luck and hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Doesn't mean much. I've had patients who were dilated to 4cm for weeks. As in, several weeks. I've also had patients who weren't dilated one day, and went into labor the next. So honestly, those checks don't mean a thing.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Also, losing your mucus plug does NOT mean you're going into labor. It can happen anytime throughout your pregnancy, and can in fact regenerate. It tends to fall out in the last 4 weeks or so, but again, it is NOT an indication of labor.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i was 4 cm for 3 weeks and 50% efaced,....you never know. lol
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010