Would you rather have half-day kindergarten or a full day of kindergarten?

I thought I would love having my son in kindergarten but here where we live kindergarten is 4 hrs, not all day. The 4-hours seem to fly by and I can't get anything done. I feel sorry for the parents that have to work and have to adjust their schedule to accommodate the kindergarten schedule. What do you think about half day or full day kindergarten?

Skavswife

Asked by Skavswife at 12:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in

• i initally only signed her up for half day kindergarten...but 2 days into school they had some openings in full day, and they asked me so i accepted (with a lot of hesitation) but with that being said, im verrrry glad i did. she benefitted from it greatly..but i totally know what ya mean tho, cuz when she was in preschool it was 9-1130..and uuuugh it was suuuuuch a waste of my mornings..LOL..i barely ever got anything done..but what can ya do!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I used to go half days when i was in Kindergarten and my Dad would pick me up and take me home on his lunch break lol. I think Full day is better though.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We have full day kindergarten. I prefer it that way. It gives my son more time to meet other kids and spend time with people unrelated to him and it gives me more time to finish projects around the house.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 12:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Ours is full days. I really happy with it. They start out with more play and nap time. Then they slowly cut down on that and sitting more at there table and doing work. Getting them prepared for 1st grade.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• full i had to change schools so he could have a full day thier half day at the old school was 2 hrs
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 12:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I'm homeschooling but if my son was in kindergarten (he is turning 5 this fall) I think I would prefer half day. I can see where you are coming from, but all day seems so long at that age!
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Both my daughter and i loved the full day of kindergarten....some elementry schools make you pay for a full day of kindergarten but this school it was required....it gave me a whole 6 hours alone with my new baby at the time....i liked it....
    KME3

Answer by KME3 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We have half day kindergarten and it only 2 hours long it is rather short but I love it because I was not and will never be ready for them to go to school. This way they are not gone as long. I love having her home for as much of the time as I can.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I was raised with half day and that seemed long when I was a kid.
    I also would like half day for my DD...First grade comes soon enough.
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 12:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Full day.
    hope4emma

Answer by hope4emma at 12:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010