Can I have some easy healthy lunch suggestions?

I'm guilty of feeding my kids crap (bagels and lunch meat) for lunch because that's what they will eat. I don't like feeding them that all the time, but I really don't have any good ideas. They won't eat peanut butter, and I don't really know what else is lunch food. I had peanut butter sandwiches for lunch 90% of the time when I was a kid. And I'll be honest, I'm lazy, I'm not going to spend an hour making them lunch, unless maybe it's once a week to make stuff ahead and freeze it or something.

mybella81

Asked by mybella81 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I like to have leftovers for lunch, soup is good, grilled cheese, flour tortilla roll ups. chicken patty

I think left overs is the easiest if you make dinner then serve it not hte next day but the day after that so they dont get burnt out. I always make extra for lunches!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Any food that you like can be lunch food, it doesn't have to be something specific. If you like to do OAMC, there are some nice cookbooks available (Don't Panic, Dinner's in the Freezer is a good one), plus you can find more recipes on the web. There's even an OAMC facebook group.

In the meantime, do your kids like veggies? If so, celery or carrot sticks dipped in hummus is good. Yogurt w/fresh fruit & granola. If they'll eat chicken or tuna salad, you can make that & put it in a wrap w/lettuce & other veggies. Steamed or baked fish with rice and/or veggies on a plate or in a wrap is good. Grilled or baked chicken bites with veggie sticks & ranch dressing for dipping.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I do leftovers for myself a lot. They like carrot sticks, but not hummus. I should have added that I'm a vegetarian, so the only meat they get is if it's easy, like sandwich meat. I like egg salad but they won't eat that either, although I might just get tough and make it and say too bad. Same with bean burritos, I love them but they won't touch them. Maybe they just need to go hungry for a few months, their pickiness is out of control.
    mybella81

Comment by mybella81 (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• beans and rice brown rice, fish, turkey
    peanutsmom4

Answer by peanutsmom4 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• you can also try vegs my daughter love green ones... fruits, whole grains are good too...
    peanutsmom4

Answer by peanutsmom4 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2010