I am looking for some ladies that where raised in a messy home. How did this a ffect you as a homemaker?

And how did you feel about when you where akids?

four2bmws

Asked by four2bmws at 12:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was raised in a very messy home.. It was pretty much never cleaned unless I did it. I think it made me more responsible because now I want my daughters to live in a clean home & have clean clothes all the time..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• my home wasnt exceptionally messy, but it wasnt exeptionally clean either. And I was never taught how to clean up after myself. Or how to do most any kinds of housework. It has definitly made it more difficult for me, as I have had to teach myself, I know to some people it doenst sound like something you have to learn to do, but for me it really has been. I think that I do a pretty decent job now though, although sometimes I slip back into my messy habits. My mom actually likes getting tips from me now, because she was never taught either. I am trying to pass on better habits to my own kids so they dont have to struggle with it as much as I did.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 12:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I was raised in a SPOTLESS home and i was a slob till like 5 years ago....lol...now the only thing messy about my place is the sea of toys that are sprawled across the living room floor from my 2 year old...lol...
    KME3

Answer by KME3 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I was raised in a very messy, unorganized, unstable (in many ways) home. It caused me extreme embaressment as a kid and now as an adult I have really bad anxiety about people coming over my house even though it's clean. I feel that living in a messy home has caused me to be super clean, but I can not let go and let things be a mess sometimes because I have such bad anxiety about it.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My dad liked to work with tools. However, he never put anything away. He had a whole area that was dedicated to his accumulation of tools and other stuff but it never got back to that storage spot. It was a constant struggle. And my mom and myself could never keep things decluttered. You could always tell where he had done a job last. I grew up in any environment of that sort and I personally didn't like it because you can never find anything under those conditions and it looks very messy and is a lot of work to keep cleaning up after an individual that doesn't seem bothered by having it that way. It's really hard to change someone who is set in their ways and won't help either. But it did have an impact on me and I don't choose to live that way now.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I also agree with Lovingmamma, I wasn't taught how to clean up after myself AT ALL, and it caused me soooo much embaressment as I got older. As my friends were going off to college and becoming adults, I was just learning my basics on taking care of myself.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I was raised in a home that was just always cluttered. But in the mornings the kitchen was ALWAYS a disaster! I was to wake up each morning and clean it while my parents were at work - this was one of my chores. AHH... I refuse to go to bed with a messy kitchen now. I HATE clutter. My husand hates that even after a late get together I will stay up and clean the house. My kids are very clean as well. I get VERY stressed when people 'stop by' in case there is a mess anywhere in the house because I'm afraid people will think that's how we live all the time. I like the feeling of waking up and not having to worry about cleaning but just getting my day started.
    Amandas_623

Answer by Amandas_623 at 12:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010