Has anyone experienced during their pregnancy high blood pressure......

My blood pressure has not been that good at the last 2 dr. visits. It was 154/90 when I got there and then after a hour of laying on my left side it did drop to 130/82 which is a lot better. It seems as if I have chronic high blood pressure and now I am to take methyldopa to help with the blood pressure. I am 24 wks along.
Any thought would be much appreciated.

tambam75

Asked by tambam75 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had high blood pressure with my pregnancy 4yrs ago. I was diagnose with preclamispa so I had to watch what I ate and take it easy. I was on modified bed rest through the rest of my pregnancy. My feet was swollen and I was containing a lot of water.
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would say this u might want to ask your doctor or look up the symptoms of preclamisa and u might want to take it easy for a couple days or more. Keep ur feet up and take it easy for ur self and the baby.
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• as of right now....the only symptoms I have of preclamisa is high blood pressure. I have no swelling or protein in my urine. I have weekly visits with my dr. now.....I am taking it easy and resting on my left side.
    tambam75

Comment by tambam75 (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Hi I have had HBP since my DS was born 5 years ago and have been on methyldopa since last year when i was pregnant with my 3 month old DD if you would like to chat let me know. Congrats on your pregnancy and relax.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2010