What are the mental and emotional effects of a messy home on a husband or kids?

Asked by four2bmws at 12:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well effects on the husband.. ha.. he could help keep it clean. But some guys are lazy, so if their wives don't clean, they may just leave them.

On the kids.. It CAN effect the kid.. They may not be as sociable because they don't want their friends over because the house is gross.. or they may become a more responsible adult because they have to clean at a young age. But if they did this, they would miss out on alot of their childhood.

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I honestly do not know.

The effects would be different on each individual. The effects would depend on the individual's: personality, own outlook, own view of cleanliness...etc.......

For very young children. They only "know" (for the most part) what/how they are raised. So again, the effect would be very individual.

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It makes my DH stressed because then he thinks he has to clean it all up. My DD doesn't seem to mind until she wants to run around in the family room and can't because there is too much stuff laying around.

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Husbands don't seem to mind that much... but some children it seems to cause Anxiety because there is no sense that anything is where it should be!

Answer by kamore at 12:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It can make you stressed, lose motivation, gain procrastination, it can make you unfocused, and it can cause health issues if the house gets dirty enough. It depends on the husbands as to whether he minds the mess or not. The kids might not care unless it gets bad enough. But it can really put a strain on a person to live in a messy home.

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I guess it's rough on everyone, including Mom, but maybe everyone needs to pitch in and help clean up if that is possible.

Answer by skybluemom at 12:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• feel tyred, stressed, unconfortable and after Run away, Escape ... where everything is good ;)
    and after get used to run from home and that is a bad point on having a messy home ,

Answer by caramelH at 12:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think it is depressing for everyone. Who wants to live in clutter and or filth? I make sure everything is taken care of. I don't want to wake up to a is depressing.

Answer by salexander at 3:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2010