What works?

Do diet Pills work and if so what kind. i have always been 125 before i had my girls now after mt 2nd kid i went to 205 and i cant seem to loose any weight i have tried died pills working out and idk what to do??

KayNevLilSweet2

Asked by KayNevLilSweet2 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• The best thing to do is to talk to your doctor or consult with a personal trainer.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I went to a doctor and got prescription diet pills that were a miracle! they're called phentermine and they really work. You have to take them with other vitamins and such but i didn't mind. I lost about 30 pounds in 2 months and after that lost the weight a bit more normal. after this pregnancy i'm definitely going back to them!
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No, diet pills do not work. I'll tell you exactly what works. Diet and exercise. Sorry, I know its boring, but there are no shortcuts or easy way out to lose weight. Try weight watchers and get moving. Its hard, I know...I've been trying to lose 20 pounds since my son was born 3 years ago. Sigh.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I agree with gramsmom. Det and exercise will help a lot more. Now, I have heard of people losing 30lbs really quick off certain diet pills. I won't go the diet pill route again, I came thiseclose to collapsing from taking them so much. I am exercising like a nut and loving it. I hated exercise and I wouldn't ever do it, I found what I enjoy doing and I stepped it up every other day and now I can't stand to go a day without exercising. It takes 2 weeks to form a habit.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• gramsmom is absolutely right. There are no fast answers, no pills work. Even those diet foods advertised on tv don't work, unless you ONLY eat what they say and exercise as well.
    Diet and exercise are the best ways to lose weight, and keep up with it to keep the weight off. You should really talk with your doctor, he/she will know best with your body type, etc.
    Side note to poisonousblonde, I thought I read it takes 30 days to form a habit? I wonder which is right...2 weeks sounds easier :)
    TJandKarasMom

Answer by TJandKarasMom at 1:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• treadmill

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• What you need is a lifestyle change. Any "diet" will only lead to a short-term solution and any pill--if it works--will be short term and possibly cause other health problems. You can start slowly. Start by going on a walk every day, maybe in a couple weeks start working with some light weights. Pay attention to your serving sizes, so that you are only having ONE serving. If you want to get a good feel for what you're putting in your body, start a food log for awhile. I really recommend caloriecount.com. You don't have to use it forever but it'll give you a good idea of what you're doing now (most people underestimate their calorie intake by A LOT) and how you should be eating in the future.
    MamaDee2003

Answer by MamaDee2003 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• weight watchers is great!
    try to make small changes at first. a years worth of small changes will make a huge difference!
    eventually, increase water and decrease other drinks.
    eventually, increase raw veggies and decrease sugar laden foods.
    gradually increase the good and decrease the bad.
    walk, start slow...3 times a week and then increase it. then walk longer and faster.
    do it all slowly.
    take some body measurements...you may actually lose inches before you lose any pounds. knowing things are changing will keep you moving forward.
    get a good health buddy!
    good luck mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i walk 20 min to my daughters school to drop her off in teh am around 8 and pick her up around 330 20 min theer 20 min home so thats 80 min a day mon-fri wen she has school...so ihope i lose something!!!
    KayNevLilSweet2

Comment by KayNevLilSweet2 (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• What works is what ever you will stick to. The same with exercise. If you are prone to put on weight, then it will be a lifelong struggle to keep it off unless you monitor yourself constantly. No easy fixes but a healthy body really helps to handle the mental challenges of motherhood. At my age, I choose Pilates, weights, and daily walking. Helps me think and stay focused.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 10:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010