army with 3 dependants will we get a house or apartment?

dh leaves for bct soon when we get stationed will we get stuck in an apartment with two little boys?? or will we get a house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Travel

• As far as I know, base housing are like townhomes. If you want to live off base then you get what you want and the military will give you BAH for that area.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It really depends on the post that he is going to be stationed at. I have only actually lived at one army post and the apartments were huge! On that post, you would typically get one bedroom for each dependant. For your situation, there are too many variables to give you a good answer on what to expect. It mainly boils down to which post, and if there is even any housing left on post. Sometimes, you have to live off post and like the previous poster said, they will give you BAH for this.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• it generally depends on the rank your husband holds - usually officers of a certain rank and higher get the homes - everybody else gets the apartments - but they are nice apartments - good luck on your move!!! i'm an army brat and loved my life as one!!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• my husband and i got a 2 bed room apartment.... before i got pregnant. now im pregnant and have room for out little one!!!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 9:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2010