Disneyland Halloween Party details?

We planned our whole trip to be in Disneyland during Halloween. Unfortunetly, we didn't look into it as much as we should have. We wanted to take the kids trick-or-treating there but now we found it's going to be an additional $240 just for the evening - on top of the cost of the normal disneyland hopper passes. Does anyone details about the event? The event starts at 7pm - my daughter will start to get emotional by 8:45-9 if she's not in bed so I don't think forking out that much for an 1 1/2 hrs is worth it. BUT I hate to take away Halloween from my kids. We were thinking about just buying them candy and letting them wear their costumes all day. But not sure if it's allowed.... PLEASE I need opinions!

Amandas_623

Asked by Amandas_623 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Entertainment

• One thing I do know is costumes should be allowed. Kids are alway wearing them there.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It is a seperate event that you have to buy tickets for. We went two years ago. The kids had fun collecting candy and riding some rides. The place usually sells out so there are tons of people there. I'd skip the halloween part and just buy them candy. Or you could have them walk around Downtown Disney in their costumes. I think the shops might be giving out candy.
    SarahNKnapp

Answer by SarahNKnapp at 12:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• yep, it's called Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party at the magic kingdom and it is seperate admission (we are going on Nov 1) but they do free trick or treating at downtown disney on halloween
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010