how do i get a 11 month old to take a nap when shes tired and fussy???

rebecca94

Asked by rebecca94 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she isnt hungry, thirsty, or in a dirty diaper...and you know its just because shes tired. Lay her down and let her cry for a bit. She will go to sleep. If she gets too upset go calm her down and let her be again.

Goos Luck!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I remember 1 of mine would be like that. I would lay down with her, hold her firmly and rock her and sing to her. She would eventually relax and fall asleep
    cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 12:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I just lay my daughter down after feeding, and changing and let her fuss a little, she always goes right down after.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If it's being tired like my boy not a fan of napping I would rock him to sleep. Now I lay with him most of the time.
    LovelyLanivity

Answer by LovelyLanivity at 1:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Wear her and go about your business. She'll fall asleep on her own, if she wants to, even if you are vacuuming. Use a towel or sheet if you need to.

sheet baby sling

towel torso carry african style

Yes, it is safe. No, you won't drop the baby.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i personally just lay my son down and he may fuss for a bit but he goes to sleep on his own, thats what im trying to teach him. my first we ran in and held her and coddled her and now at 3 we have the hardest time getting her to go to bed and sleep. not doing that again, as long as they're fed and clean and not in pain (which you'd know) its alright for them to fuss a bit.
    SCorbeau0616

Answer by SCorbeau0616 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010