Economy of Today

Have any one of you ever thought about having to move into something more affordable to make ends meet? The cost of living is is skyrocketing and so is everything else. IMy dh and I had to and wished we 'd done it a long time ago.

Airforce3mom

Asked by Airforce3mom at 12:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Thankfully, that is one thing we don't have to do. Our house payment is only 360.00 a month so we could manage that even when my DH was laid off for a year and a half. We have a pool and we don't vacation. We have 5 kids, so I garden and can whatever I can. We don't eat out much, we only go to the movies once in a blue moon. Our cars are paid for and we only use credit cards for true emergencies. We have done ok...we are blessed.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I've thought of moving to an area near here where rent is lower. I go to school, and I'm a veteran, so I get paid according to the zip code of my school. I'm applying at universities this fall, so next year will be interesting. I'm actually avoiding a lot of less expensive areas of CA (we live in CA now) because they're far from the coast, and hot and boring. Plus, all of my family is near the coast. I'm a beach girl, so I need to be within an hour of the beach. We don't live in a lavish house, or have expensive cars (one paid off, one paid cash), we don't have credit cards, so we do okay. We live in a relatively expensive area (Sonoma County, in the wine country), but this is what we're used to, as far as cost goes.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Nope. But we live below our means and have for many years now.

We've always lived in small places by choice. I have just never had any need or desire for a place bigger than what we need to be comfortable. I've always viewed a place bigger than I need to be a waste of money, and space really.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010