Taco Bell

I know back in 97 Taco Bell changed their meat to the processed mess they have today (although I still enjoy it every now and then lol) but has anyone noticed that recently their beef has had a slight brown sugary taste? Like, maybe they're using something like that for coloring? Its not terrible, but its noticable.

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 12:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have not noticed. Sounds gross! But why sugar? That's seems to be like it would be more $$ then just for coloring.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i dont know but it tastes gud lol
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 12:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I haven't noticed that but it FOR SURE used to taste better.
    :(
    Pepsi needs to stop changing things lol.
    Like when the changed doritos to "macho cheesier" they were UHMAZZING but when they made them into the bold flavor, that was the death of my favorite chips.
    Haha :)
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 12:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I live for Taco Bell so I wouldn't notice even if they came right out and told me. How sad. lol
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 12:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Omg. Macho haha **Nacho
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 12:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Taco Bell is my number one favorite fast food, although I tend to eat McD's more just because its closer and the taco bell by me sucks. But seriously, my favorite comfort food. When I have PMS my hubs always goes and gets me the Grande Nachos lol. And either root beer or the baja blast mountain dew.
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We don't eat fast food garbage as a general rule because of all the added stuff they put in their food. There is one Fast food restaurant who has over 30 ingredients in their fries. All we really need is potatoes, oil, and salt. Why can't places stick to real food?
    MamaOfB

Answer by MamaOfB at 1:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Every time we eat at Taco Bell, I get to hear again from my husband about his first trip to a Taco Bell somewhere in California and how good the meat was then and how the tacos only have flavor now if you add lots of sauce packets to them. The first Taco Bell opened somewhere in CA in 1964 - he might have been one of their first customers : )

Nebraskaoma

Answer by Nebraskaoma at 1:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I remember when it was really good, but that's been a long time! We only eat it occasionally now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've added some additional ingredients to make the beef taste better. Adding flavorings is cheaper than just using good beef I guess.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• lol, just had taco bell for lunch today! didn't notice anything different but i wasnt really paying attention since i was scarfing it down in between phone calls at work!!
    karenshell

Answer by karenshell at 2:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010