What are your favorite classic books?

I am just now reading To Kill a Mockingbird because I skipped that English grade in HS and now I can't believe I never got to read until now! I'd like to read all the classics (Okay...a lot of them...). So...what are you favorites in terms of classic literature? And yes, I understand that Edward is "hot," but Twilight does not count. lol.

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The Scarlett Letter, The Little Princess, Great Expectations and Secret Garden.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I also enjoyed Jane Eyre now that I think about it. I really want to read Pride and Prejudice.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I was going to say To KIll a Mocking Bird. I don't think it's a classic but you might like The Secret LIves of Bees
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My favorite is Anna of Green Gables and the Princess Bride.
    cajunpatsy

Answer by cajunpatsy at 1:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Les Miserables, The Scarlet Letter, The Sound and the Fury, Great Expectations, Shakespeare, lol.... I enjoy literature, classic literature, and although I'm reading a lot more modern nonfiction these days, I'll always love the classics. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• (The Princess Bride is really good, lol. As is Phantom of the Opera) :)
    bandgeek521

• Crime & Punishment
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• To Kill a Mockingbird and Wuthering Heights were my favorites.
    I actually read Mockingbird on my own in 8th grade. My teacher gave me props because I chose something "hard" instead of a teen romance novel like all the other girls, lol. And I've read Wuthering Heights several times between high school and college and loved it each time.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• OOPS... hit enter by accident.. lol

The Count of Monte Cristo
    The Illiad
    The Odyssey
    Tom Jones
    The Ramayana
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Woo hoo! I actually already own The Phantom of the Opera! Bought it at a Thrift store last year! I also have the complete works of William Shakespeare that I have been meaning to read some of the plays I liked in high school. I'm so glad that the classics are usually cheapest at book stores!
    ErinHill226

Comment by ErinHill226 (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2010