Baby dropping?

How many times does a baby drop in pregnancy? I've been told once and then I was told 3 times. My baby definintely dropped a few days ago. My doc could even feel her head through my cervix when I was getting checked. This is my 3rd pregnancy. When does a baby usually drop before labor and how many times?....I'm almost 31 weeks by the way. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Mine never had that feeling. And I still had a 7 hour natural labor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I only thought once. With DD I didn't notice a difference like she "dropped" but other people said my belly looked lower. I see pics of myself the morning I went into labor and I feel like I look no different than any other pic, lol! But I was like you and actually at my 39 week checkup DD's head was IN FRONT of my cervix (Don't understand how that's possible??) so they couldn't tell how dialated I was. :{ Wow that seems early to me for baby to be dropping though... but if your doc is cool with it then there's nothing to worry about. Good luck!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i'm pretty sure it's only once. but gradually lower.
    JazziesMom2010

Answer by JazziesMom2010 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• DD was in and out for the last few weeks it seemed; one week she'd be zero station, then back up, then back down- drove me crazy because it changed how my clothes fit lol. I asked about it, and it is normal for the baby to either go up and down multiple times prior to labor, or to only drop once.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am fairly certain that they only drop once but they can drop and then continue to get lower in the pelvis until D-Day.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 5:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am also 31 weeks I will be 32 weeks on Sunday and everyone has told me that I am carrying her low now. Which it does feel like it but I still feel her little feet in my ribs. My doctor could also feel her head when I was checked on the 9th.
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010