Name change

I have taken back my name the times i needed to after a divorce.. I really did not want to be known as that name any more for personal reasons.. Would you keep your married name after a divorce?

Airforce3mom

Asked by Airforce3mom at 1:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am in the process of reclaiming MY name. I am not his possession, and do not desire to carry his name... Unfortunately they screwed up my paperwork, and I am awaiting a new court oder "allowing' me to be called by my own name again. UGH.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think it would depend on the divorce! Part of me would want to have the same name as my son, and I don't talk to my father, so I am glad to be rid of his name. Who knows? I would likely go to my mom's maiden name.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It depends on the divorce... My parents are divorced, and my mom kept my dad's name. She is estranged from her parents, so she didn't want to go back to that name. She's at least cordial with my dad.
    kimberlyann_214

Answer by kimberlyann_214 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Nah..I dont think I would.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No. I only take the name because I am married to him. If I am no longer married to him, then I am no longer that name.
    Although, in my case I never changed my name.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would probably go back to my maiden name. There's really no point to keeping the married name.
    cmtinokc

Answer by cmtinokc at 1:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I kept mine for my kids sake, I did not want to send the message that that name was bad.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2010