How can I wake up in the morning?

I am soo not a morning person. I am back to work, I have to leave when the kids do, I put them on the bus then head to my school/work. I used to put them on the bus, then come home and hang out and get ready and run errands or work a little later. But with this job at the school, I have to be ready and out at the same time as them (8am).
I take showers at night (we live with my MIL and BIL and they take am showers, so not enough time/hot water for me too). And I don't like coffee. I drag myself out of bed at 7, and have an hour to get myself and two kids ready...we do it, but I'm still half asleep during it.
Any ideas?

TJandKarasMom

Asked by TJandKarasMom at 1:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• sleep earlier
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• just set alarm for mornings and go to bed earlier... sooner or later you will get used to it. when my husband was back here in the states i would get used to going to bed at 9 pm and getting up at 330am cause thats how he had to do it... good luck!!! just give it time
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 1:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have been going to bed earlier, I get a full 8 hours of sleep! Sometimes even 9 hours..but I am still tired. I wonder if I could be over sleeping? Could I need less than 8-9 hours?
    TJandKarasMom

Comment by TJandKarasMom (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• treadmill

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I used to get up really early to walk my dog before work...When i woke up i'd go to the bathroom, put my shoes on and leave. Just that short walk around the block, which only took 15 min., really woke me up and gave me a lot of energy, plus, it was a nice way to start the day.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• walk around the block........................
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 2:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I started taking the Vitality Oligofructose Complex about a year ago - I was NEVER a morning person!! After about a week of taking these vitamins I was waking up early and not needing coffee to get me through the day - I no longer felt exhausted in the afternoon - and when I did go to sleep - I slept well - I started these vitamins on a challenge - take them for 90 days - if you do not notice an improvement in your over-all well being - just send the empty bottles back and get a full refund - are you interested? You've got nothing to loose - except your exhaustion:)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 7:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Go to sleep earlier and bring some light exercise into your morning by getting up earlier. This might make you more alert
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 2:34 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• my suggestion would be a good quality multivitamin.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 12:10 AM on Sep. 18, 2010