Have not poop for 6 days , how do I know if my baby girl is getting sick?

My baby girl was born on 6/8 this year.
I breast feed her most of time , will give her formula 2 oz if she refuse bottle when I am at work during the weekdays ;
This week she have not poop for 6 days already .
We call Pediatrician 2 days , he said it is ok .
Today is the 7th days w/o pooping …. Is it really ok??? Help ~

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she in pain? My son always went 4-5 days. It was normal for him. Just be prepared for a doozy when it comes!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• she may have a blockage.... go to doctors office!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 1:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It's not a big deal. The iron in formula can constipate them sometimes. You can go to wal mart and get childrens glycerin suppositories. Use a little petroleum jelly when putting them in. They poop within an hour. It's painless, no diareeah or pain. I had to do this with two of my babies. It's totally safe and saves you a visit to the ped.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Well, exclusively breastfed babies don't always poop a lot and can go a week. But, if she is also getting formula, then, I can see and issue.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• if she is in pain or something i think yous hould take her to the doc asap now if she is not in pain then maybe wait another day and if it doesnt then make and appoinment to see the doctor bt i think you should make and appoinment just in case you need to take her. i remember my first son would sometimes take like 5 days to 6 days when he was a baby but as he strte eating more it got closer it would be once every other day adnten once he started solids it was pretty much every day
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• She pee normal , tummy is normal , ass normal , react normal …
    all normal ….
    My dad told me she took less breast milk during the day .
    LJ1974

Answer by LJ1974 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• it is ok. BF babies can go several days without pooping. my baby is BF and FF and he sometimes doesn't go for a few days at a time
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• predication is off today, I will see him tomorrow .
    she is my first ... i just don’t know if she is really fine …
    LJ1974

Answer by LJ1974 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• last week she can drink 5~6 oz each meal during the day ...but only 4oz max this week ....
    is she suppose to increase every week ?
    or because of no pooping , she takes less???
    LJ1974

Answer by LJ1974 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Sounds like she's fine. My youngest would fuss and fart because it was uncomfortable. My pedatrician told me to try the suppositories and it did the trick. OR another doctor told me if you gently stimulate the rectum with a rectal thermometer it can trigger a bowel movement. My oldest boy had poo poo problems for 3 years!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010