Your experience with starting a Work From Home Business

Whether you turned it into a commercial business outside of the home, or you still remain in the home to work. I would like to know your experiences. Specifically how much it took to start up, What is your business, and how profitable are you with this business? It's fine if you don't want to give specific details on finances. I just ask you share an overview with me to help me understand.

I would love to start my own business, but I'm a noob. I don't want to get involved with any pay up front pyramid schemes either. I just want to start a lagit at home business.

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 1:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients.

I already had a phone and computer. I didn't really have any startup costs.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I am with a direct selling business and it is not a scheme or pyramid for me. I enjoy it and make very decent money. You can't group all direct selling businesses together. I have been with one other that was like that many years ago in college, but there also was a rep on every block. So, whatever you decide to do, love what you do, and believe in your product and you will be successful.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 1:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I too am in direct sales, and love the product and company so this business is easy and profitable for me. We have very low start up fees, or you can join for free in my business. You don't need to build your team, but that helps you bring in extra money. I do invite people to join my team, but thats not what I am all about w/ the business. I love getting out and meeting new people and having fun w/ it! You can do any business and be successful as long as you truely love what you are selling.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My experiences with WAH businesses, well to be honest until I found this one when you break them all down they are the same.

Every single business has an ""upline and downline" no matter how they disguise it in wording...even the party reps for books, candles, avon, scentsy, whatever someone enrolled them and gets s chunk of what they do at a party..The difference for me...well all the STUFF for one. The show stuff the have on hand stuff, all of that.

Now I have None of that, no parties, no orders, no stuff..It cost me 100 bucks to start & I made it back in 2 hours, is that Typical for everyone, probably not but it wasn't hard its a service that COMPLETELY MAKES SENSE!
    I began making a minimum of 1000.00 a month within 6 little weeks and have never fallen back, that was a yr ago.

I WAH, around my life schedule and I makea FT income now. I am a SAHM, and I work PT. I also Presently and GIVING AWAY the Business kit
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• im in direct sales and love it. but starting a home business and owning a home business are two different things.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 7:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• https://my2scents.scentsy.us

This is what I do from home. I make really good money, and it's a lot of fun!!! The cost to start is for your kit...it literally has everything you need to start making money. It's definetely not a scam. I'm happy to help with detail or questions if this is something your interested in.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 8:45 AM on Sep. 17, 2010