if you have mirena

do you get your montly periods around the same time every month when did you stop having your period where there months were you would only have spotings? how light where your periods?

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Health

• I just wanted to add that if you do find yourself pregnant do not worry too much. Most women who get pregnant with a mirena in still deliver a healthy baby without any complications. Sometimes the doctor will remove the mirena before delivery if the positioning of the baby and mirena is right other times you just end up delivering a baby, a placenta, and a mirena. There is small risk of losing the baby with it but it's pretty small. If you find yourself in this situation your doctor will be able to advise you as to what's the best course of action for you.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 2:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I spotted for around 6 weeks after it was placed, but just this past cycle was the first I actually needed a tampon in over 2 years. I normally spot light enough even a panty liner isn't necessary.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I had to have it taken out. I keep it in for about a year. Had spotting and cramps most of the month. I also had a lot of breakouts.
    SUSAN81900

Answer by SUSAN81900 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• after the first month of having it in I stopped having periods. I will occasionally every few months lightly spot but other than that I don't have an actual period.
    karenshell

Answer by karenshell at 1:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have had mine for about 3 years. I spot randomly. About once a month but it only lasts a day.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• o but that is normal right to spot only a little bit? because this month i have only spotted a little like and not like constant it was just for a little bit one day and so i dont kwo if this is normal or not should i take a test also my periods havnt been regular so their not on the same date every month but i have herd so many stories knwo of people getting pregnant with it that im scared i wont know adn something would happen
    Alejandra10

Comment by Alejandra10 (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have yet to have a period since I had my Mirena placed in May, but I still spot off and on. If you think you may be pregnant, then test, but irregular and non existent periods are normal with Mirena.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I still have periods. Sometimes they are super light, sometimes they are regular. But, yeah. It's normal. Sometimes it takes women a year or more for their periods to adjust after having the mirena put in. Every uterus is going to react differently to a device being put in there.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I spotted for about 12 weeks after it was placed and haven't had a period since. that was 4 years ago. I will occasionally spot but it's so light i don't even need a pantyliner. Usually only shows up when i wipe.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 2:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The first Mirena I had , I bled for about 2 weeks then it stopped and I had normal periods but at about 4.5 years I got pregnant on it. Now I have had another one placed (in May) and I had 3 months of medium spotting. Now I'm not constantly spotting but I don't know yet if my periods will be light, normal, non-existent, or heavy. I'm not as pleased with it this second time around because of it but I know this is not unusual. It is different for every woman and it can even be different between a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc..,. placement. Of your concerned take a pregnancy test to be sure because it can happen, I'm holding my little mirena miracle right now as I type. But also don't get overly worried about it, you can always contact your health care provider and ask them questions or set up an appointment to meet with them in person.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 1:15 AM on Sep. 17, 2010