For the Bible Tells Me So

anyone seen this?

I found about halfway through I had to watch The Horrors, Beliefs and homophobia (it's the same thing - I think they just renamed it so it doesn't get taken down)

WOW...I was brought to tears a couple times wathching this.
I'll post a link to part 1

has anyone who has seen it changed thier opinion about homosexuality?
and what do you think about the fact that because churches preach that being gay is an abomination- that it causes so many suicides?

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 1:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've seen it, and it made me cry! I think its a powerfully moving piece, one that every Christian (and homosexual) should watch. I love that, even despite the terrible things it shows us, in terms of what people experience and the pain people inflict on others, it shows that there is a light and a love out there, and that we can exist together without contradictions or incompatibilities.

I personally don't believe homosexuality is a sin, and I really wish churches would focus on love rather than judgment. I don't feel its right to alienate and ostracize an entire group of people, no matter the reason. That isn't the way Jesus would have us treat each other, and I think this is truly one of those times when we've missed the point. Its not about this hate and judgment, its about love, and the homosexuality thing, IMO, is so totally out of context and proportion within Christianity....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• People commit suicide because they cannot stand to live with themselves.

Gays commit suicide because they aren't accepted and loved for who they are. And because they are shunned and ridiculed by those that should love them most simply because of religion. That's part of what the movie is about and one reason why it's important for anyone dealing with homosexuality to watch it. It shows many different perspectives for many different situations and the outcomes, both good and tragic.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Laura2u me too ... actually I hear more about grace, love , mercy and who I am in Christ... then the sins of the world! God wants to change the focus from complaining about sin and how awful it is to uplifting His children and telling them how loved they are and who they are in Christ. I live not far from San Francisco and many in my church live near or in that city itself. They have ministered love to all walks of life there and we have had homosexuals freed up because of how they were ministered to.. there is no condemning... just loving them right where they are at. God does the rest every time! we have podcasts from our church if anyone is interested in listening.

Blazing Fire Church

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• This is heresy.

What's heresy? The subject is about a movie regarding homosexuality and religion and how it affects real people. Maybe before you go on the offensive, you should understand the topic at hand?

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• This is a very powerful video, and yes the people who follow the bible and refer to homosexuality as an abomination has been the cause of many of youth suicide, specially when this label is given to them by their own flesh and blood.

Answer by older at 8:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• charlotsomtimes

Comment by charlotsomtimes (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Anita Bryant was the abomination and anyone who hates a group of people for loving is an abomination to what God is supposed to represent and that is love. it saddens me that people listen to the irrational bigots who wrote the bible who were not inspired by God. i find it funny to that there is a line in leviticus that says that women are to be treated as unclean and diseased when they have their period, when they are pregnant, and after giving birth and they are unclean longer if they've had a girl....why don't they follow that rule, cause it's irrational, just like discrimination of homosexuals
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I agree with the pp. I also find it very hypocritical when churches condemn homosexuals but say absolutely nothing about adulterers.That's forbidden in the Bible, also. But perhaps that one would hit just a little too close to too many in power.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I can't watch stuff like that :(

Sparrow4

Answer by Sparrow4 at 2:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• ceallaigh, I've heard more preaching in my lifetime against adultery, fornication, gluttony, pride, anger and any other sin than I ever have about homosexuality.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 2:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010