owie bum crack. i know.. and tmi

I am 7 months pregnant. Not over weight, very good with hygeine, etc.. the last few days my butt crack hurts every time i sit on the toilet(like it kinda has to spread open ya know..lol) and is soo tender to the touch! It isnt red and I cant see anything wrong with it. I dont really wanna ask DH to look at it.... it feels like a burn kinda.. I do run the razor over it occasioanlly and did recently, but never have had this before. Any ideas? NOT my rectum, my crack..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Health

• lol it's a rash, and it's not because you're pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Oh no!!! That sounds so uncomfortable. I don't know what the cause is, but I would recommend diaper rash cream, because it sounds like diaper rash. I hope you feel better soon. I've had major issues with my bowels since giving birth, so I can sort of relate...
    Anonymous

• make sure you are getting it really dry after showers.... try using a diaper rash cream at 1st til it gets better (give it 7 days, and if it isnt better, go to the dr, even the cream says so, lol) after its healed, continue to get it really dry, and stick some baby powder in there... or cornstarch, it should really help with moisture.
    chipper87

Answer by chipper87 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i hope it isnt a pilonidal cyst!
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 9:09 AM on Oct. 18, 2008