Private or Public

Do your kids attend a private or a public school? For the purpose of this question, consider homeschooling to be "private".

Dr.Donna

Asked by Dr.Donna at 1:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in

• Public
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Public. Personally I would never consider any other options.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Public
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Public
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Public - but I am seriously considering other options. His school is about to lose its accreditation and the principal is a jerk.
    dinaca81

Answer by dinaca81 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My son attended a:

Charter school for academically advanced students from 6th -12th.
    The International School 2nd-5th
    Regular Public School K-1st

He is now in his first year at MIT.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Public. My kids need social interaction and private school is too expensive, and I have no intention of home schooling my kids for the first reason (the need for daily social interaction).
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 1:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Public.

For the sake of answering, referring to HS as "private schooling" is like calling homosexuals pedophiles.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• ObbyDobbie - why do you think calling homeschooling private is wrong? I was thinking that private and HS have a very obvious thing in common: they don't need to take any student that arrives at their door. Having the ability to turn students away does influence the educational environment of the selected students, does it not?
    Dr.Donna

Comment by Dr.Donna (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Private..Advance and Gifted. Live in the best (what they say) school district for public, but the lack of control of the students
    by the system helped me make my decision. I think it depends what area you are in and what you personally feel is right for
    your child. I know he is safe there, the Teachers are caring, and are teaching him something because he loves school
    and likes to learn. So, he is there till he graduates. They also, go thru accrediation process every two years which keeps them
    on their toes and helps keep a waiting list of parents wanting to get in. What I really love is the classes are small, they can go to chapel,
    and do community work for others.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 2:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010