How long where you in labor for? my sister was for only 9 hours, i hope i get that lucky! lol :)

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 1st baby 5.5 hours
    second baby 5.5 hours
    third baby (largest) 7 hours
    fourth baby, 2.5 hours
    fifth baby, 11 hours
    sixth baby off and on for 8 hours
    sevent and eighth....c-section before real labor began.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 9:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• whoa PamJM thats alot of babies!! lol well i was in labor for about 6 hours and pushed for 10 min! lol the doctor that didnt assist in the delivery came to check up on me and asked if it was my 2nd or 3rd baby because she heard about it. I told her it was my first and she was so surprised. lol also i couldnt get an epidural because by the time they came with it i asked if i could push. Natural isnt that bad I would do it again! but i did get two 2nd degree tears =( but hope you're lucky! =)
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 9:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i was in labor 26 hours with my first daughter!
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 9:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• my first was 12 off and on
    my second was almost 4 hours and 6 minutes of pushing!!!
    Softwater

Answer by Softwater at 9:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Technically 3 weeks. I contracted for 3 weeks straight with no break but never dilated. However, once I went to the hospital to be induced with Pitocin it only took 6 hours for my son to arrive.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• 1 son was a planned c-section before labour started, frank breech!
    2 daughter 5 hours labour 35 min pushing with an epidural
    3 daughter 3 hours labour 3 min pushing without an epidural, barely had the iv in and she was on her way into the world
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• 8 hours with my first before they did a c-section. And 23 hours with my second, did a VBAC.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 9:49 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My first was 13 hours, but only because the crazy nurses at the hospital stopped my labor and then had to get it going again-- long story! About 20 mins of pushing i was told.

The second was 2.5 hours with 30 to 45 mins of pushing. We lived 30 mins from the hospital and I woke up in hard labor. We almost didn't get to the hospital and the epi didn't have time to take. I didn't start getting numb until after he was born!
    proud_mommy_87

Answer by proud_mommy_87 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• 1st daughter 48 hours, she was the biggest at 9lbs 11oz
    2nd daughter was fully dilated within 2 1/2 hours, but had emergeny c-section because she was breech. She was in the middle at 8lbs 13oz (she was born on her due date, too, lol)
    3rd daughter labored for about 16 hours after induction, then had a c-section after failure to progress. I never dilated past 3. She was the smallest at 8lbs 1oz.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 10:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My first baby was 10 hrs. and it was PAINFUL!!!
    My 2nd baby was 4 hrs. (I was induced!) Not so painful!
    My third was about 3-4 hrs. ( I was induced) It didn't hurt really at all.
    It really just depends...My mom was in labor for right at 3 days, but I don't think that is very common.
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2008