Christian wives...

Do you submit to your husbands in everything, as the Bible says?

If so, in what ways?

I'm just curious as to how what the Bible says is demonstrated in modern Christian households.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 1:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Religious Debate

• No, I don't. We have a rather equal partnership.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I don't, it's something I struggle with greatly. My role is the head of the house, so in some cases it's just not an option, but in others I need to work on it, but we need to work on other aspects of our relationship first before I think we can develope it further.
    RJsMom116

Answer by RJsMom116 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I heard a preacher (Tony Evans) say that submitting to your husband is ducking out of the way when God swings at your husband for a bad decision. Of course he said it in a funnier way and I butchered it.

If it is an issue that is not detrimental to my family, I like for my husband to make the decisions. I won't lie, it's tough sometimes, but if I don't have anything else to support my side, my husband still thinks his opinion is more accurate, and God's word has said to submit, I try to lay it down. That way, I'm doing as God instructed and if God has any beef with anyone it'll be with my husband... Haha!
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No i dont I dont think God meant submit in every way it also says husbands submit to your wives to me its an equal partnership.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Ephesians 5 says,

"Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything."

It clearly says in everything.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I do, although not out of any sort of subservience, but out of a mutual respect, as we believe the Bible calls for. The Bible obligates the husband to put the family first, and both spouses to put the other before themselves. Its a relationship of equal submission and obligation, one where both lifts the other up in mutuality so that both are "first" and neither is truly under the other...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i can not submit to my man because he does not submit to the church or God. That is what i tell my dh anyhow! I would love it if he were the head, and made all the decisions! My dh just wants the best of both worlds when it comes to marriage...all the fun, and none of the responsibility. I guess, who would not want that though?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My husband submits himself to God, so yes, I try to submit in every area. If he makes a decision I do my best to back him up. But he usually discusses it with me first, or we decide things together. He has never said "Submit, woman!" to me, and I hope he never has to. We have a loving relationship. Not equal, but biblical.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 2:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• This is hard to answer. I think people get the wrong idea about being "submissive" it isn't at all how it sounds, or at least not for me and my husband. So, while I would like to say "yes" to this question, I don't want people to get the wrong idea.

Sparrow4

Answer by Sparrow4 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• yes i do me and my husband are really happy. I make sure the house is clean making food making love respect there is probably more but i cant think of all of them
    lindautz727

Answer by lindautz727 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2010