what did you do for your child's 3rd birthday party?

my son will be 3 in 3 weeks.

for his 2nd birthday party we just had family over, had cake, ice cream, chips, and presents of course. i was thinking about going to the park this year but i don't want to make my grandparents uncomfortable so i think we will stay home where we are sure there will be comfy seats.

i was just curious if someone did something cool that didn't cost a lot :) i know my son would love chuck e cheese but i'm not sure that i would ;) and it would probably cost too much. (about $100)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• he wanted to fishing..so we went to the river.
    conweis

Answer by conweis at 1:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yeah Chuck's is kind of expensive, that is where we usually go and that is where we were for my son's 3rd bday. Staying at home might be the best idea if you want your grandparents to be comfy. GL!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We never did anything all out, for his 1st and 2nd bday we just rented a pavillian at a park and had a party w/ the family. We live away from everyone so they all had to travel, for his 3rd, I dont think were doing a huge party anymore Everyone complains about driving ~ lol
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We had it at the park. Invited preschool and family, friends. He loved it. They had a playground. It was Batman theme.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We invited several friends over and just had snacks, cake and ice cream and play time. Keeping things simple makes it more enjoyable.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• for my son's 3rd birthday last January, we simply had cupcakes and snacks at his favorite park. It was a beautiful day at the park and no mess at my house.
    jenfraker

Answer by jenfraker at 10:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think this age it's best to have it home. My son had a very simple one on his 3rd no other kids just the local family. This time when he turns 4 I plan to have a simple childrens party.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 6:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I believe we did a miniature golf and pizza.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• We did a home party with a rock in roll theme. We had toddler rock n roll music, blow up inflatable guitars & microphones, food, cake, and presents.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• We invited family over, had cake, and opened presents. If it weren't for the pictures, neither of them would even know we did anything. They don't remember at 3.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2010