Help!

Hi I was adopted when i was 13yr and i never met my mom and dad bc i was put in a foster home when i was born. I know my mother's maiden name and i am not having any luck :( does anyone know of any site that can maybe help me? or maybe something helped you.

mbluste

Asked by mbluste at 1:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Adoption

• You could call the hospital where you were born.. or the adoption agency you were adopted at.. Give them your mother's maiden name and they should be able to help you.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The agency is no longer there and i called the hospital and they dont know any info about her
    mbluste

Comment by mbluste (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• have you tried a people search? Do you know her first and last name/
    The3Vs

Answer by The3Vs at 11:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Have you tried to contact the state workers who handled your Foster/Adoption? You should be able to get that information. Will your Adopted Parents not give you the information?
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Maybe a private investigator could help
    dinaca81

Answer by dinaca81 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• The3Vs-- Yes i tryed i know her maiden name and there not it.

And the state worker is longer doing that.

and a private investigator would be a lot of money!
    mbluste

Comment by mbluste (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• And i dont know if im spelling her name right
    mbluste

Comment by mbluste (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• and also what if she got married and does not have that last name anymore??
    mbluste

Comment by mbluste (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• All very good questions... My bio mom had gotten remarried by the time I was 18 also, but you should be able to go to the local county courts, even if it was closed, and get info.. You may have to pay to fill out a form, but I do not think it is very much. My brother is going thru the same process. The one form he has to fill out will give them access to contact his family to let them know that he is looking for them, and will also give them access to see if they have ever gone to the courts looking for him. Then, they can get the 2 parties together. Unless the hospital burnt to the ground, you should be able to get an original birth certificate from the day you were born. I was not adopted until I was 5 or 6, I am now 35, and just this past year, they called me by my bio moms maiden name. They still had it in the system. What a shocker if I didn't know.. Good luck I know how hard it can be. Ask your family to help.
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 9:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• A supportive adoptive family can go really far. Both my moms were at my HS graduation, but at the beginning of the school year, they were in contact and had decided not for me to meet her until after I graduated. As it was, I was emancipated a week before my 18th birthday in Dec, so I met her over Christmas break. I was still afraid tho'. Did not go to the door without my dad... I wish you all the luck in the world. Keep digging. Alot of those sites will have maiden and married names on them, so keep looking... Someday you will find.... Just be prepared for what you find, and if you don't, be prepared for that too...
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 9:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010