Let's take a break from the sexually oriented Q's

Be brave, What is an embarassing experience you have had?
I think we could all use a laugh :)

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• This is a "really sticking my foot in my mouth" experience I had in high school. It was spirit week (the week of homecoming), and this particular day was "Mismatch Day". One of my best friends was wearing this HIDEOUS purple and pink VELVET pants with some really mismatched top, one tennis shoe, and one heel. At lunch, we were all sitting around and I said "Ashley, those are THE most HIDEOUS pants I've ever seen in my life! Where in the world did you find them?!?" She got this funny look on her face & said "um, I wear them all the time." I died laughed & was like "Oh, that's a good one. YEA RIGHT! Like anyone would wear those willingly." Welllllllll.... turns out, she really did wear those. Or at least until I stuck my foot in my mouth! There was no recovering from that one...
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I'm so shy-I think every encounter is embarrassing! Does anyone else feel like every time they talk to someone they are on Showtime at the Apollo? (i'm feeling really vunerable tonight! can anyone tell?)
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 9:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Oh, I've had one of those foot-in-mouth moments. I hope no one is offended by this, and I have since changed my opinion, but a few years ago I was working at a teenie-tiny bank (4 employees total). One employee and I got into a conversation about how homeschooled kids were weird (again, no offense, it's just that up until that point - all those I had encountered really had been strange....). The guy I was talking with was with me 100% and we spent about 30 minutes going on and on about how weird they were. Finally, when we finished our conversation, a girl we worked with turns around and says "Uh - I was homeschooled" AND the Manager pops her head out of her office and says "And I homeschooled both my kids." I was MORTIFIED, and there was NOTHING I could say to make up for that!!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Pinkclover, very vulnerable lol...I answered your question you posted. I have those days too :(
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• lol you ladies helped lighten the mood on here tonight!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• When I was in grade 4 we were all waiting on the carpet to get our colors for play day. When I went back to sit on the carpet I farted, VERY loud. I wanted to crawl into a corner and hide. I was so embarassed!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Oh in high school they offered students the opportunity to "try on" different careers and would actually place us at job sites for a semester. The parapro that helped arrange assignments was a REAL b*tch...I still think that woman slithered out of hell. Anyway, I went to my job site and told them I was sick of getting crap out of the woman and stated that she was the "para-pro...as in 'not quite professional'" Yeah, their job titles were all "parapros". I had never wanted to crawl into a hole and die so bad in my life.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I should add that since that day, I've never made a comment about someone's status at work. Especially after hitting the real world, I think we all learn that if someone is out working they are doing what they need to do to help their families.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2008