Bugging Friend

So I have this coworker who happens to be a friend and a neighbor. We've been getting along fine until my grandpa lended up in the hospital for congestive heart failure. I took a week off of work because one I wanted to be there for him and two have no babysitter since my nana is with him at the hospital all day and she watches the baby.

So the friend has been pestering me telling me I need to come back to work. She's telling me he's not going to die and is fine so I need to just come back and stop taking time off. I want to tell her to mind her own business, but I don't know how to put it nicely. She is a really sweet lady but I don't feel that I need to answer to her about my life. How do I tell her to bug off nicely?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would just say, I will return to work when I am able to and things are looking better for my grandpa. If she still bothers you, ignore her phone calls and don't answer the door if she stops by.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• tell her that you do not have daycare because nana watches the baby, and if she wanted you back at work so bad you two can alternated days she watch the baby one day and you watch the baby the next day---that will shut her up!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 3:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would tell her that it's your job and your concern, and that family comes first, including who cares for your daughter since your sitter is no longer available because of this situation.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010