How has back to school been for you and your kids?

Miss V is special needs and has spent most of the summer in programs designed for her. The start of kindergarten has been a little different for her - more kids, changing rooms, new paras to help her. Sometimes, she comes home VERY tired.

Nebraskaoma

Asked by Nebraskaoma at 1:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in

• Being tired is normal. I don't know why, but my kids have always been completely knocked out the first few weeks of school.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Tired is normal since it's something new.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• So far things are going well, but the beginning of a new year is always an adjustment and harder than the previous year as far as work and responsibilities.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Both my kids are loving it. They do come home tired and sometimes a little grumpy! My 4 year old is going half days to preschool and she has come home a few times with an attitude from being tried. I will say it is making the days go by faster! Evening times are pretty busy around here but I do get 4 hours to myself every day now!
    lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• both kids are doing well. 11 year old dd is in 5th grade and loves being the oldest class and 4 year old ds loves his new pre-k class.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Great she adjusting well in all her advance classes and meeting friends. She still dont like school tho.lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• They started back 4 weeks ago, and my 5 year old is still cranky in the mornings.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• So far so good :)
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 9:13 AM on Sep. 20, 2010