should i cut my hair?

my husband likes my hair long and its starting to touch my bra strap that goes across my back but i feel like im getting way to hot and in another question explained a excessive sweating problem... i want to do it like shoulder length but not touching but thats taking off about 6 inches

pinkdena

Asked by pinkdena at 1:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Yes - a good haircut will make you feel cool and sassy! The good news is if you DH does not care for it, it will grow back :) It is just hair!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You should do what makes you happy, not what makes your husband happy, in this case. If you want to keep it long, do you wear it up ever? With shoulder length hair, it's a lot harder to put up, so that's something to consider.

I'm not sure what you look like, so I really can't judge whether a shorter or longer cut will work for you. Think about it for a couple weeks, I'd say, and make sure you really want to cut it. But, remember, it's just hair. It'll grow back if you don't like the length you take it to. :)
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 1:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i know what u mean my man wont let me cut my hair and not just him my mom or dad or sister wont let me its so funny my hair is below my bra strap im glad the fall and winter is here cause i get hot like u if u get a hair cut your doing it for both of us get it ad good luck
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I just got mine cut yesterday and it feels great!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• first thing, is talk to your stylist about what cuts look best for your face shape. There are sooo many styles out there for each face shape, that trust me, you'll still have plenty of options to choose from. lol.

Secondly, if you have thick hair, you may want to consider getting it thinned with some layers first and a slight trim to try to reduce this over heating issue. If you feel that isn't an option, by all means, it's okay to take off 6 inches, but talk to your stylist about your daily maintance, face shape, etc, and they can point you to the best styles to meet your nees.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Maybe..
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 2:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• YES!!! trust me, he'll get over it. if he likes long, heavy hair that much, buy him a wig, and he can wear it anytime he wants to feel 'sexy'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• yeah you should
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It would help to see a pic of you, but go for it! lol
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:48 AM on Sep. 17, 2010