Anyone watched the show Hoarders?

Am I the only person who thinks that those people's houses are disgusting? And I don't understand how half are picking cleaning up to get their pets back over their children.... Sorry but if that was me - it would be my kids without a second thought.. what about you?

ajc88

Asked by ajc88 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Watched the show? Ive BEEN ON THE SHOW!! LOL Just kidding! Its a sad thing....just like those with their obsessive compulsive disorders, very sad that!

As long as they get the help needed and are not repeat hoarders....then I pray they stay clean...cause its so debilitating, just like those with OCD's.

JUSTANOTHERJEN >>>>> when my granny was about to be placed in a home....we found cans ( and thank god she never had opened ANY OF THEM!! ) that had been from an old store here called Pic N Save and back then, expiration dates were on the price tags...everythng was tagged....( before scanners were in place! ) ....and they had expired in 1988...1985!!!!!!!

It was 2001!! Rusted lids, some buldging out, buckled lids.....it was nasty! Some cans were ready for the SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION I tell ya!

One thing I tell friends.. PLEASE CHECK ELDERLY FAMILY AND FRIENDS PANTRY FOR EXPIRED FOODS! OFTEN!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 2:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think it's disgusting, but honestly, I've done research on hoarding because I was interested after I had watched the show. Those people are seriously not in their right minds.. Thats why they have to remove like one item at a time because if they just do a clean sweep the people will freak out. Those people care what other people think, thats why they don't usually have people over..but they cannot help the way they are.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Those people have a mental illness. they can't help how they are but if they are at least trying I give them credit.
    My dad is a "pack rat". I think on the hoarding scale he'd be at the bottom but I can see it getting bad. He's also a food hoarder. We've lived with him off and on for 10 years and a couple years ago me and the kids cleared the pantry out. I found canned food that expired in 1997 (it was 2008 when we cleaned). I also know the bread flour and stuff he has is from the mid-late 90s because it was my mom's and she died in 2000. We tossed a lot of it and he freaked out. He refuses to throw any food away.
    His room is stacked full of magazines and stuff he gets in the mail that he never reads but won't toss.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes, I have turned it on only to see a second of the show and then turned the channel. Sorry but it just turns my stomach and to even think that a person can even live in a situation as that.
    Dolotuc

Answer by Dolotuc at 2:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I watched some last night. Didn't catch it all but, I thought is was sad those two children are living that way. The out side of the house was clean and you would never tell by looking what to expect inside. They need some help.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 2:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• yes and were do they get the money to have so much things its just crazy how they live
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I saw it once, it was about a woman who had so many cats she even had baby kitty skeletons inher garage, yuck! I dont understand how it can get that bad. It has to be a psychological issue. One time I was helping a friend get her aunt ready to move this ladys house wasnt as bad but she had so much crap we threw away tons of half empty soap and shampoos from the bathroom and she got mad saying what if I run out?! I knew then she had a problem.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes their houses are horrible!! I dont understand how they even get that bad..and teh ones that have millions of pets..idk why anyone would want that many! Its crazy to me.. And i would pick my kids over anything in this world!! Love my family very much:)
    but i do like to watch that show, just to see how ppl live lol idk why i like to watch it..it is gross
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes! We've watched several of those episodes. I will tell you this..watching that show has made me think twice about saving anything that may be unnecessary, thats for sure! LOL. I can not STAND clutter and now I'm even worse about it. I don't even bring junk mail in my house to look over any more. I stand at the mail box, scan over it and if theres no good coupons I just walk it straight to the garbage cans by the garage, lol.
    The things people keep...its insane! Can you imagine having a disorder like that? Horrible. I hope if I ever get like that when I'm old for some reason, my kids come to my house and just start throwing it all away,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes but for some people its like if you had OCD. Its hard for some people to give things up or trash things. Its easy to say you wouldn't be like that cause you don't have the problem. Like a smoker,its easy to say its not hard to quit but not being a smoker(if you aren't or if you are then maybe its easier to understand) its easy just don't light it up and stop buying them. Its not easy for some people even if it super nasty and very unhealthy.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2010