Canned Pumpkin

Which is your favorite brand of canned pumpkin? Mine is Libbey's but I cannot find it in the stores!

AdrianaS

Asked by AdrianaS at 2:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I read that they had a bad pumpkin crop last year, so there will be a smaller supply of the canned this year.

A lot of grocery stores only carry it seasonally anyway.

I went looking for it a couple of weeks ago. Winco had it, if you have one of those near you. :)
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 2:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Libbey's has always been the best for my recipes. I tried other brands and always wish I hadn't. Hope you find it...me too (I haven't looked yet).
    KonaNannie

Answer by KonaNannie at 2:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• there is a shortage of pumpkins, you probably will have a hard time finding canned pumpkin anywhere this year
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Its my fav to! It can be hard to find if its not near Thanksgiving time, BUT...........Walmart, Publix, Albertsons and Food lion and Piggly Wiggly and Windixi WILL order it for you if you ask them. Just an FYI
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I like the Libby's. I bought 5 cans of it this week because I heard there was going to be a shortage. I'll probably pick up some more on my next shopping trip if they still have it.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have always used Libby's pumpkin. I also heard that there was a shortage predicted because of bad crop. Luckily, I found it in the grocery store, and bought enough for this year and next.
    jenniphee

Answer by jenniphee at 4:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You won't be able to find much pumpkin in the stores this year.. There is a shortage... I was supposed to get some for my cat (yes, i wrote that right, my cat..) It was announced on the news about 2 months ago, that there is a shortage due to the weather, so good luck finding any... If you do, let me know... In the meantime, I am shelling out mega bucks on baby food (sweet potatos) for my CAT.... LOL
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 4:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I don't know what it is, but I always get the cheapest I can find.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Farmer's something (it is an organic brand)

Answer by rkoloms at 10:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2010