What is wrong with my body?

For almost a month now my bladder has been acting funny. I'm going to the bathroom more frequently and I can't even hold it that well anymore. When my body lets me know its time to go, I have to go that second. One night I woke up 3 times in the middle of the night, 3 hours straight, waking up every one of those 3 hours on the hour. Does anyone have any ideas? Am I getting a weak bladder? I can't go to the doctor because I don't have health insurance and I definitely can't pay the bill without it. I'm not to worried about it anyways; if gets completely out of control then I'll be worried. For now I would just like some ideas and opinions. Thanks. :)

Meindrea

Asked by Meindrea at 2:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Health

• try a pregnancy test.
    you could also try drinking only water and space it out regularly throughout the day, and see what happens.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• UTI?

Weird pregnancy thing?

One of those overactive bladder things like on those commercials with the people who look like pipes?
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 2:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I know it's not a UTI because, I've had UTI's, I would be in serious pain right now, especially when going to loo and I'm not.

So that leaves option 2 and 3...and I'm not sure which it would be...it's hard to believe it's overactive bladder because I've never had this problem before, it just came out of no where...but I'm leery about thinking it's pregnancy because I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and it's super hard for me to get pregnant....

Anyone else have any thoughts about it? Any opinions on which it might be?
    Meindrea

Comment by Meindrea (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Some times they say fibroids can make you go potty more often... not too too sure on that......but I would ask your doctor about a trans vaginal ultrasound.......I just read you dont have insurance... I understand that.

But if you have to use adult depends...then so be it. Use them for night time only. Dont be embarassed. I have such a heavy flow now Im reduced to wearing adult depends cause pads just dont get IT... and I dont want to leak all over either! Im on progesterone NOW...and its stopped but I tell ya........no one is too young for them if your body is going thru changes......and it cant be helped yet.

Good luck!!! I pray its not a UTI or kidney issue either for your sake!!!....I just had a kidney stone pass...NOT FUN at ALL!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 2:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Could be diabetes. PCOS & diabetes go hand in hand.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I do know too that diabetes causes you to thirst and go very frequently. I would be careful how much you drink, but don't limit too much, or your body will go into a detox if it is used to getting a certain amt and you cut it back drastically. Plus it could also act as being dehydrated and you could get a UTI... I suggest going to a free clinic. Almost every city has one. And every county has one. Try a pregnancy test?? Can't hurt...
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 4:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have PCOS but I don't have diabetes. Honestly I've never heard that until just now...and none of the people I know personally with PCOS has diabetes either....But thanks for the suggestion. :)

So I researched overactive bladder and I doubt it's that either. I'm not constantly going, or having accidents or leaking. The only one symptom that I have is the sudden urge to go, like I have to go that second, but it doesn't happen too frequently, it only happens around the normal times my body has to go and a couple extra times inbetween.

I think for right now, I am going to go with happy2bmom25's suggestion and try a pregnancy test.
    Meindrea

Comment by Meindrea (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010